Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dogwalk

Worked on some dogwalk contacts again tonight. Working on moving around while Reese is running so that I am not just recalling her to me from the other side of the plank. So tried to be behind her while she kept running, or run beside her. Didn't work as well as I would have liked as due to the layout of my house I would have done a quick faceplant into the wall. So I did have to improvise a bit.

She is doing well though and still in the ninety percent range. I have realized that when she has missed a contact it is when she is tired. So I am going to do shorter sessions with her and see if that helps. That way it will really reinforce the criteria I want and I can start being a bit more picky about where on the contact I want her to hit. Right now she is about 1/4 of the way down into the contact and that is a perfect place to hit it. However, I would like to see her stride allow her to hit it about 1/4 of the way down with her two front feet so that her back feet can also hit it a bit lower to ensure that 1. she hits the contact and 2. that the judge has ample opportunity to see her hit the contact.

Here is a short video of how she is doing, this is the second half of our work tonight. I didn't tape the first half. And no music until I can figure out how to add other music faster on youtube you are going to get silence or me on the videos. 

1 comment:

Loretta Mueller said...

Lookin' good!!!!!!!! :-)))) Good girlie Reese's Pieces!