Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Time Has Come...

Reese had a fabulous agility lesson last night. She ran a master standard course and did a great job.

She was focused, calm, working with her handler - she held her stays. 

And her handler did pretty well too. The only mistakes Reese made were handler error, but I am definitely getting better at figuring out how to run courses and I am getting better at remembering them.

Soooo....our trainer said we were ready....we could enter a trial.  Yeah!  Our trainer would not have told us we were ready unless we were.

So I am busy looking at trials to enter. I will have to learn some of the games but we will enter the Standard and Jumper runs even if I don't know the games yet. It should be fun, I can't wait. I will have to get out my old mental management books as I know I will be nervous but as long as Reese and I work as a team I'm sure we will be just fine.

After less than a year working with our awesome trainer I have a completely different dog. It will be so fun and such a dream come true to run Reese at a trial!

No comments: