Sunday, August 15, 2010

Odds and Ends...

It has been awhile since I've posted. Not much going on....heat, humidity, rain, thunder...repeat!

Finally, we have a cool breeze today and the humidity is gone.  I have the windows open for the first time in months. Reese and I had our morning coffee outside today while we played a little ball. Of course Miss Grandma Grumpy Gotta Have My Way, still wanted to play in the pool.
 
 By the way, no she never got water in her pool.

Sorry babe, I said "No" and No means NO!















Even with the cool weather this girlie is addicted to her pool and the hose. Water, water gotta have it. But throw her in a lake and she can't get out fast enough. Silly willy.
All this rain has made me parched!  Need water!
There was an agility trial in town this weekend. Many of my friends were competing so I went to watch and take pictures. I am having a lot of fun with my camera. Learning more about post processing and different photo editors etc. I shot yesterdays agility photos in both jpeg and raw.

I got some new shampoo to use on Sophie Sophia. She is another one who only likes to play in water, but get her anywhere near full body wet and you are in for it!  She's got all her claws and she knows how to use them.  So we went with this....
Waterless Foam Shampoo
It is suppposed to work well, so we thought we would give it a try. First, some pictures of Sophie pre-bath. 
They're Here!

Here she is just after, not to happy with the spiked look. But now that she is mostly dry and she is combed out she is rather pleased with herself. 
Bella doesn't mind a bath, actually she kind of likes it. She won't play with water but will do a full body bathe.....go figure! But since she was sitting there watching Sophie's drama unfold, I decided to try it on her too. She liked it. But next time she'll get water with that bath.

Get ready Reese your turn is coming....

I have started a new workout program, well two actually. I am doing the 100 push-up program and the 200 sit-up program. You do three workouts a week for 6-8 weeks. First, you do a test run to see where you need to start and then you will know which workout to do each week. We'll see how much improvement I can muster after 6 weeks. Also, doing some sprints with our morning runs to try to improve my stamina on the agility field:))

Speaking of which, we will be doing another Fun Run at the end of the month. I am very excited as Reese did so well at the last one. Plus our A-frame is coming right along so we hope to have that in our course as well, and I am getting tested each week on how I would handle a course, I think I am getting better, I still need a little help but it is coming. I think we always run Master level or above courses at our classes. 

Hopefully we will be getting our trial entry in soon for our first show. Cross your fingers that we can get one in before the snow flies. 

And yes, we are scheduled for yet another Kathy Knox clinic, at least if we get in, in November. Will be traveling with our friends again so Reese will be able to swoon over her new friend Spot!!!
  
Finally, my Sunflowers have bloomed!

This one's for you Sue!

No comments: