Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to School

We finally went back to school tonight for our obedience training. It has been awhile since we have been there. From bad weather to busy work schedules to injuries we have had quite a break. We are planning on going regularly as I have a trial date in mind. That is all I am going to say as I don't want to jinx it, and we have a lot of work ahead of us to get ready.

I figured since I am a goal oriented person I better set one for our first Obedience and Rally trial. Our training has been stagnating in this department lately and it is high time we got back on track. I think having a goal will help us focus and plan our training sessions.

Reese did really well considering we haven't been to class in months. And actually, we haven't been doing that much obedience training at home lately either. I was very pleased with how she did during the recalls. She did her recall well and more importantly stayed calm and watched the other dogs do theirs. A couple of times she started to get a little excited but then calmed herself down when she looked at me. We will continue to practice LAT or Look at That as it is helping quite a bit.

Her toe continues to heal and she really isn't limping any more, a bit here and there, but not like it was the first few days. Hopefully we will be taking our walks again soon I miss them, and I feel guilty not running with her.

No comments: